We offer several studio-based programs for advanced theatre artists, offering intensive conservatory training in the following fields:
- Acting with emphasis on Teaching
- Directing with emphasis on Teaching
- Directing in Collaboration with Canadian Stage
- Design for Performing Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Voice Teaching (both the Concurrent with the MFA in Acting program, and the Stand-Alone program)
We offer two graduate degrees in Theatre Studies, both of which emphasize our collective interest in theatre, performance, and cultural politics. Internationally renowned faculty offer advanced seminars and mentor student research in one of the English-speaking world’s most active cities for theatre and the performing arts.
The Graduate Program in Theatre Studies offers two degrees:
Under the rubric of theatre, performance, and cultural politics, the following interrelated fields reflect the research and teaching strengths of the Graduate Program in Theatre Studies at York University. Specific issues and topics are listed within each field. Cutting across all of these fields is a strong methodological interest in connecting theory and practice.